Unfortunately we are now closed until further noticeFind out more
Why our Pub is great
This is an area steeped in history, and a place where footballing legends abound. West Auckland were winners of the first ever world cup beating the future Italian giants Juventus, and Bishop Auckland won the FA Amateur Cup in three consecutive years during the 1950s. Today, Bishop Auckland’s brand new stadium, Heritage Park, stands within earshot of The March Hare. And we’ve got lots to get you cheering. Like our Two for One deal on all main meals, which means you can afford a treat whenever you want.
We also offer an incredible range of wines, beers and traditional cask ales, plus an extensive food menu, which thanks to our new Pizza Kitchen now includes the finest, freshest, stone baked creations. This new Pizza Kitchen lets us create the perfect thin crust pizza, right there before you. The large, hand-stretched, pizza bases are topped with a rich tomato sauce, then dressed with your favourite ingredients. And you can load your pizza with extra toppings. How hot can you handle?
We hope to see you sometime soon with your family, or with your friends or work colleagues - possibly on one of our curry, burger or steak nights, which are great value and good fun.
Our Pub Facilities
Kids Play Area
Safety is our Priority
Caring for our People Makes Sense
- Looking after our teams means they can look after you.
- This starts with providing our already fantastic teams with additional training to follow safe COVID-19 working procedures and regulations.
- Each day team members will complete a health screening questionnaire to confirm they are in good health prior to beginning work.
- We ask that you do your bit and respect our teams and any requests they have. It’s all with your safety in mind.
Keeping Social, whilst Social Distancing Makes Sense
Look out for additional signage in pub to establish safe, social distancing
This might include:
- Highlighting where and how you order at the bar
- Removing some tables to ensure comfortable social distancing can be maintained
- Managing capacity, meaning you may be asked to queue outside
Caring for you, your friends and family Makes Sense
- Hand sanitiser is available to use at every entrance for your peace of mind.
- Once inside we’re taking as many steps as possible to reduce contact
- Our menus will be used only once and are fully recyclable once you’ve finished with it
About our food
With our extensive food menu, we can cater for all tastes. Try our succulent beef steaks, our beautiful burgers, or one of our many traditional pub classics or our Mega Meals - including our 30oz mega mixed grill! There’s a great choice of specials each day, featuring a world of wholesome, exciting meals for you, and don’t forget those luscious roasts designed to make every Sunday special. Great food – made all the more enjoyable thanks to Two for One.View our Menus